Tuesday 1 December 2015

Prayers For Paris, COP21

9 am

Today I send my prayers to the universe.
First, I prepare myself by fasting.
I fast with my sisters and brothers in ClimateFast
And Fast For the Climate
All around the world.
We fast for the earth.
We fast for the children for the next seven generations.
We fast for the enlightenment of the consciousness of our species
That we may understand
That all the plants, animals, birds and fish
And all the crawlers and the pollinators
And everything that lives
Are our brothers and sisters, our relatives,
And that the destruction of their habitat
And the pollution of our earth, our water, our air
Is a crime
that must stop.

I focus my mind on the world I want to see.
A world with reverence for life as its core value.
A world where every form of life has rights
To share in the bounty of the earth,
And where every person,
And every corporation,
And every level of government
Has a responsibility
To care for the earth;
To care for the community that sustains it;
To care for its workers;
And to ensure that we live with one another
With justice and compassion
For those who are more vulnerable.

I send my prayers to the leaders of the world
Who are meeting in Paris.
I pray for my leaders from Canada,
The Prime Minister, The Premiers, the First Nations,
the Religious Leaders, and Civil Society
And for all the World Leaders.
May they be filled with a vision for sustainable living on this planet.
May they be inspired to find ways to move forward with that vision.
May they be free from personal ego and desires for power.
May they be grounded, and humble, and respectful.
May they attend to their own personal physical needs for well-being.
May they listen well to all the voices, all the needs, all the fears, all the hopes.
May they open themselves to the spirit of love and justice and transformation.
May they find a path to wholeness
For all the people and all life on the planet.

And I send my prayers to the people of Canada,
And to the people of the world.
May you inform yourselves of the importance of this time.
May you become more aware of how we are living in relation to the earth,
And how we want to be living.
May you feel the urgency and the need for action.
May you be prepared for change as we make this transition to renewable energy.
May you be ready to contribute your gifts, your energy, your creativity
To helping to make this change.
May you be ready to provide support to those who are most vulnerable
And who have the most to lose
Out of a spirit of justice and compassion.
Let us join together as one people
And move toward a vision of living on this planet
Based on Reverence For Life.
Let us pass a legacy of a healthy flourishing planet
To future generations.


So may it be.  All Our Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment